Friday, July 13, 2018

Well Go On, Then

Oh, HAYYY, It's been a minute. 

In my defense, I've been overwhelmed with FEELS, felt under attack, captured, confused, and then needed long, slow months to think about why I exist, why I write, what I share, and where I do all that... all that existing I mean.  And sharing. 

I've been doing a lot of reading, and not just the delightful trashy detective novels I love, but also a lot of delightful trashy advice columns I love... and, okay, some grown-up New York Times articles and self-help and poetry and essays.  Reading isn't as easy as it used to be.  I don't sleep well, I'm always tired, so I fall asleep quickly... sometimes after only a few pages.  My eyes blur almost all of the time now, except when I'm at the ophthalmologist's office, apparently.  So I just had to make more room in my life for reading, is all.  (Cue helpful others who take over chores!  Yay!) 

Incidentally, it was reading one of those advice columns, Captain Awkward, that gave me that last little push to return to the blog world.  (Thank you, Kara, for the new addiction!  I'm up to 10 of the most recent and #17 from the archives, LOL.)

Oh wait, this is blogger, not CaringBridge, so I could make that an actual link!  Hooray, links and imbedded pictures
and text formatting with color, bold, and italics!

I feel so free right now.

I haven't posted the final CB post, the 5/31 post, that if you're here now you probably read first.  So if you're wondering why I'm so chipper after you just read something that was obviously painful, it's because I wrote it on 5/31 and haven't looked at it since.  It threw me for such a loop that I completely shut down. I can tell you that I have still not processed the hurt and anger and I have some ideas that I'm not ready to share about what happens next, but for now I'm going to leave it at that.

If you got here on your own and have no idea what I'm talking about, you can visit my very NSFW CaringBridge (OH I CAN LINK IT HAHAHA).

So hey, yeah, we are going to get back to biking and camping and hopefully someday backpacking and hiking on this blog.  But it's never not going to be me, which means it'll sometimes be angry or messy or HILARIOUS (in my head which usually means AWKWARD SILENCE in yours) but anyway... .

I'm back.

2 comments:

I appreciate your comments.

Want to know when a new post is up? Click the blue FOLLOW button in the upper right of the page to join the Go Gang.